Legal Advice

To buy a home, you will need to appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf. They will handle the conveyance for you (transferring the title to you legally), explain the terms of your lease and deal with the seller’s solicitor on your behalf.

For Help to Buy and Shared Ownership purchases, it is important to ask your solicitor if they have experience of these products, or it will slow down the sales process.

Click here to obtain a list of recommended solicitors from Help to Buy NW.